Tuesday, April 8, 2014

And Along Comes Dustin

Very recently I was standing among people who were doing everything they could to bring me down--insidiously, subtly-- as if I were standing amid a pack of cowardly wolves and thieves whom God will pay back one day,  and along came Dustin, to save the day and my soul that moment. With his bright, shining, joyous smile, sparkling blue eyes, glowing white skin that blushes just so-- just the way I like it.  He came over to talk to me as a person worthy of respect and congratulations-- and also frankly worthy of some desire, but who cares? We were just talking. Dustin cute and caring and saying to me one day, "You need to always think, before you do something: Does this take me one step closer to who I want to be, or one step farther away?" Which is exactly what I needed to hear and remember.

I am sure Dustin will remain a passerby in my life, but I will always remember him and be grateful for his caring and his words. So this is for Dustin.

No comments:

Post a Comment